The Wessex General Practitioner Educational Trust (WGPET) has been a registered charity since 1990 supporting GP education in the Wessex region.
Following a vote by WGPET members at the Annual General Meeting on 15th October 2019, the charity will be closing on 31st March 2021.
In line with the WGPET Constitution, the surplus funds at closure will be distributed to the following charities. The funds must be used by the hospice to deliver education to GPs which they will advertise locally.
- ROWANS Hospice - Waterlooville
- OAKHAVEN Hospice - Lymington
- St. MICHAELS Hospice - Basingstoke
- THE COUNTESS OF BRECKNOCK Hospice - Andover
- FOREST HOLME Hospice - Poole
- MOUNTBATTEN Hospice - Southampton & IOW
- LEWIS-MANNING Hospice - Poole
- WELDMARE Hospice - Dorchester
- SALISBURY Hospice - Salisbury
- WINCHESTER Hospice - Winchester (opening Spring/Summer 2021)
Due to Covid, please note that the WGPET office at Chandler's Ford is closed, we are still working but all communication will be by email or post.